About Vista Defense Lawyer Peter M. Liss
I am Vista defense attorney Peter M. Liss. I graduated from the University of California, Berkeley Law School in 1983 and have been practicing law ever since. For 15 years, I served the public through the United Farm Worker’s Union and Legal Aid Society of San Diego, which is where I started working exclusively on criminal law in 1987, and the San Diego County Public Defender’s Office. While working as a public defender, I tried many murders and a death penalty case and worked my way up to serving as the Assistant Supervising Public Defender in the Vista office (meaning I was the second person in charge in that location).
In 1998, I opened my own private practice, offering criminal defense services to adults and juveniles across the county from my office located right across the street from the Vista courthouse. Throughout my 22 years as a Vista defense lawyer working in a solo practice, I have maintained this same office, serving clients in Oceanside, San Marcos, Escondido, Fallbrook, Rancho Bernardo and the rest of North County. In the years since, I have since added a second location in Carmel Valley, serving clients in Del Mar, Solana Beach, Mira Mesa and Northern San Diego.
As a Vista defense attorney, I have tried well over 100 jury trials and negotiated countless plea bargains. I even teach trial practice skills at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy. My practice areas include all types of crimes including:
- Domestic Violence
- Driving Under the Influence (including first, second, third and fourth offenses as well as DMV license suspensions)
- Drug Crimes (including possession, transportation, sales and driving under the influence of drugs)
- Juvenile Offenses (including minor in possession, juvenile DUIs, vandalism, gang crimes and more)
- Sex Crimes (including rape, child molestation, sex offender registry violations, child pornography, statutory rape, prostitution and more)
- Theft (including grand theft, petty theft and shoplifting)
Criminal Traffic Offenses (including reckless driving, driving without a license, vehicular homicide and hit and run accidents)
- Violent Crimes (including assault, battery, weapons charges, murder and hate crimes)
- White Collar Offenses (including embezzlement, counterfeiting, forgery, perjury, fraud and more)
In my spare time, I like to help my community by serving as President of San Diego Affordable Housing Advocates. I am married and have two sons, both students at the University of California. I also enjoy biking, reading newspapers and traveling.
I rely on my experience as a top Vista defense lawyer to personally edit every article on this website. To ensure each article is factually accurate at the time of publication, I always stay up to date on the newest legal news with a subscription to West Law as well as four newspapers.
That being said, nothing on this website should substitute as legal advice. If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, or believe you may be under investigation, you should always discuss your case with a qualified Vista defense attorney.