VISTA CRIMINAL LAWYER: DEFENSE OF
ASSAULT, WEAPONS, MANSLAUGHTER, HOMICIDE
I am Vista – San Diego criminal defense lawyer Peter M. Liss, and I can help you. I have personally defended hundreds of individuals with an arrest and charge of:
- Vehicular Homicide
- Guns, assault rifles & weapons offenses
- Murder and manslaughter
and other related crimes in Vista and San Diego. I can also help you if you are facing a potential “third strike” under the three-strikes law. If you need a Vista or San Diego Criminal Lawyer, please call me today. You will receive top representation for a reasonable fee.
Facts about Assault, Weapons, and Murder / Manslaughter Charges
Assault & Battery Facts
Battery means intentionally using force or violence on another person without his / her consent. Assault is basically an attempted battery. Battery can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony, depending mostly on how serious any injuries were. If “great bodily injury” is charged, battery becomes a strike under the three strikes law. Penalties may include jail, prison time, fines, probation or parole, and other penalties.
Guns, Assault Rifles, & Weapon Offenses Facts
Gun charges include having a concealed firearm, unlawfully discharging a firearm, brandishing a firearm, carrying a concealed and loaded firearm in a vehicle, unlawful sale of a firearm, felon in possession of a firearm, and other offenses. National Firearms Act violations include having a machine gun, a silencer, or other prohibited item. California violations include possessing an assault weapon, switchblade, or other prohibited weapon, or not registering an assault weapon. Penalties may include jail or prison, fines, loss of the right to own a deadly weapon, and other penalties.
Murder, Manslaughter, & Vehicular Manslaughter Facts
Murder is the unlawful, unjustified, intentional killing of a human being. Manslaughter is an unlawful killing of a human without intent to kill. Vehicular homicide — also called vehicular manslaughter — means unlawfully killing another person with a vehicle without intent to kill. These crimes are legally complex with potentially severe penalties. Murder may be punished with a long prison sentence, possibly life in prison, or the death penalty. Manslaughter or attempted murder may be punished with a prison sentence or probation.
For all of these charges, alternative sentences may be given in certain cases. Because the potential penalties are so severe, it is important to obtain a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to obtain the best results under the particular facts and law of your case. Your attorney’s knowledge of defenses, sentencing guidelines, and alternative sentencing options will be vital to obtaining the best outcome under the law and facts of your case.
Attorney Peter M. Liss can help you by:
- 1 Advising you and keeping you updated at all times on your case status
- 2 Arguing for lower bail
- 3 Interviewing witnesses and police
- 4 Gathering evidence supporting your defenses
- 5 Making court motions. For weapons charges, this may include a “motion to suppress evidence” if you were illegally stopped and arrested, or a weapon was found in some other illegal search and seizure. A successful motion to suppress may result in some or all of the charges being dismissed
- 6 Evaluating all legal defenses available in your case. For assault, battery, murder, and manslaughter, these can include insufficient evidence, innocence, lack of criminal intent, self defense, defense of others, defense of property, and other defenses. For weapons (depending on the charge), defenses can include insufficient evidence, lack of criminal intent, accident or mistake, facts contradicting concealment or loaded status, legal status of the owner, legal status of the owner, and other defenses
- 7 Seeking reduction of charges (when available)
- 8 Representing you at trial or in a plea bargain
- 9 Presenting the best legal defenses for your case
- 10 Seeking alternative sentencing, or the lowest sentence available. Alternative sentences (available in some cases) can include fines, electronic monitoring / house arrest, work furlough, and counseling
More benefits to selecting Attorney Peter M. Liss:
- 11 Available every day, every hour. 24-hour in-person answering
- 12 30 years experience, many assault, gun, weapons, battery, assault rifles, murder, manslaughter, and vehicular homicide cases handled, track record of success, over 100 criminal trials, University of California – Berkeley trained lawyer
- 13 Attorney Liss personally handles your entire case
- 14 Top quality services at reasonable rates
- 15 Free first consultation
- 16 All major credit cards accepted
- 17 Immediate, courteous response
- 18 Office across from Vista Courthouse and Jail, with free parking
I have personally defended hundreds of people charged with assault, battery, weapons violations, murder, manslaughter, and vehicular manslaughter in Vista and San Diego. If you or someone in your family has been arrested on one of these charges, please call me to learn how I can help you. I provide top quality representation for a reasonable fee, offer a free initial consultation, and accept all major credit cards.
How to Contact Attorney Peter Liss
For skilled IMMEDIATE help with defense of assault, battery, weapons offenses, manslaughter, murder, or vehicular homicide, call Vista Criminal Lawyer
Peter M. Liss:
Call 24/7 – any time, any day. I can help you.