VISTA Criminal TRAFFIC DEFENSE LAWYER:
SERIOUS TICKETS – MISDEMEANORS – FELONIES
I am Vista criminal traffic defense lawyer Peter M. Liss and I can help you if you have been arrested or received a ticket for a misdemeanor or felony traffic offense. I have tried over 100 jury trials and successfully defended many individuals facing criminal traffic charges in Vista, such as:
- Reckless Driving
- Hit & Run Accident
- Vehicular Homicide
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Street Drag Racing / Speed Contest
- Driving on a Suspended License
If you need a Vista, CA serious traffic crimes defense lawyer, please call me today for a free consultation. I provide all clients top quality representation for a reasonable fee and accept all major credit cards.
Facts About Serious Driving Offenses
Serious driving crimes can be misdemeanors or felonies depending on the specific circumstances of the incident (such as whether or not someone was injured), the actual laws that were broken and whether or not the defendant has previous similar convictions on his or her record. Punishments may include massive fines, lengthy probation periods, incarceration and suspension of your driver’s license. For some offenses, such as racing or drug transportation, your vehicle may be seized and sold off by the State of California.Many people are stopped for a traffic offense like speeding or a driving with a broken tail light and then end up facing misdemeanor or felony charges when the officer discovers drugs, concealed weapons, open alcohol containers or other illegal items inside the vehicle. Most people are surprised to find that the police do not need to have a warrant to search your vehicle and sometimes assume a warrantless search will result in the charges being dropped. While that is not true, it is true that if the police did not have a reasonable suspicion to stop you or probable cause to search the vehicle your Vista criminal traffic defense lawyer may be able to have the charges dropped.
Sentencing for these crimes can be particularly severe, which is why it’s critical anyone charged with a criminal driving offense should call a Vista criminal traffic defense lawyer as soon as possible. Alternative sentencing, including probation or community service, is often a sentencing option for driving crimes, but it is often difficult to secure such sentences unless your lawyer fights to help you secure the best results given the specific circumstances of your case.
How Vista Criminal Traffic Defense Lawyer Peter Liss Can Help:
Your attorney’s knowledge of the law, sentencing guidelines, alternative sentence options and defenses to these types of crimes is critical when it comes to helping you obtain the best possible outcome for your case. Here are some ways Peter Liss can help you when hired as your Vista criminal traffic defense lawyer:
- Keeping you updated on the status of your case at all times
- Providing advice on things that may help your case such as seeking out an alcohol treatment program
- Securing reduced bail
- Collecting evidence to support your defense
- Fighting your license revocation at the DMV hearing by presenting evidence on your behalf
- Working with you to determine the best possible defense for your specific situation. This will vary based on your circumstances, but may include illegal traffic stops or searches, proof that you were not driving or mistakes on behalf of the officer who arrested you.
- Filing motions with the court such as suppressing evidence obtained through illegal searches, which may result in your case being dismissed, the charges being reduced or your being found innocent in trial
- Attempting to have the charges against you dropped or reduced whenever possible
- Using the strongest possible defenses for your situation while working to negotiate for the best possible plea bargain or while representing you in court during a trial. You will usually not need to appear in court when facing misdemeanor charges
- Attempting to minimize your sentence or to secure alternative sentences such as treatment programs, ankle monitors or community service
Why Work with Vista criminal traffic defense lawyer Peter Liss
Aside from offering you the most effective representation to ensure you get the best possible outcome for your case, Mr. Liss also can assure you will receive personalized attention since he personally handles every case that goes through his doors. He has over 30 years of experience and graduated from the top-rated University of California, Berkeley Law School.Peter Liss offers 24 hour live-answering services and provides immediate, courteous responses to all inquiries. You can schedule a free initial consultation at his office, which is located directly across the street from the Vista Courthouse and Jail and offers free parking.
How to Contact Attorney Peter Liss
For skilled, IMMEDIATE help with a
Vista or San Diego criminal traffic defense,
call Vista criminal traffic
defense lawyer Peter M. Liss:
Call 24/7 – any time, any day. I can help you.