I am San Diego DUI lawyer Peter M. Liss and I have over 29 years of experience helping people just like you fight drunk driving charges. Whether this is your first or fourth DUI, or even if you were involved in an car accident related to your drunk driving, I can help. I have personally handled well over 100 criminal jury trials. My previous experience includes managing a staff of 10 San Diego lawyers who handled DUI cases.
When you hire me I am the lawyer working on your case, providing individualized attention and I am always available to answer your questions.
If you have been charged with a DUI, I can help in the following ways:
- Directing you on what to do and ensuring you are you updated about your case
- Negotiating for your bail to be reduced if you are still in jail
- Representing you at your license revocation hearing in order to help you fight your license suspension (You must request this hearing within 10 days after you were arrested or you will face four months automatic license suspension)
- Investigating the case against you and collecting evidence to support your defense. Along with other things, a top San Diego DUI lawyer may work to have your blood sample retested to verify the accuracy of the police test, photograph the scene of the arrest to show the field sobriety tests were performed under poor conditions and request documentation on the breathalyzer used to analyze your test to prove that it was poorly maintained or improperly calibrated
- Making court motions, including motions to suppress certain pieces of evidence
- Evaluating your case to find the strongest possible defense strategy
- Seeking a reduction of the charges against you, whenever possible
- Representing you and your case at the DMV hearing, trial and/or in the plea bargain. In fact, in most cases charged as a misdemeanor, your San Diego DUI attorney can attend court in your place and you may not be required to visit the court at all
- Seeking the lowest possible sentence available or alternative sentencing, including alcohol or drug rehabilitation programs and community service
When you want to make sure you get a top DUI attorney in San Diego, then be sure to speak with your potential representative and ask any and all questions you have before you make your final decision. I offer free initial consultations where we can discuss your case and where I can answer all of your questions, so you can feel totally comfortable and confident in my abilities before you make a commitment to work together. I vow to always offer top quality service at a reasonable fee. I accept all major credit cards and I am available all day every day thanks to my 24 hour live answering service. Call (760) 643-4050 or (858) 486-3024 to schedule a consultation today.