VISTA LAWYER – DRIVING ON SUSPENDED LICENSE
OR REVOKED LICENSE
If you have an arrest for driving on a suspended driver’s license, I can help you. I am Vista – San Diego defense lawyer Peter M. Liss, and I have tried over 100 criminal jury trials and successfully defended many people arrested and charged in Vista and San Diego for criminal traffic offenses, including driving on a suspended driver’s license or a revoked driver’s license.
If you need a skilled, experienced Vista or San Diego CA criminal traffic defense lawyer with a track record of success, please call me at (760) 643-4050 for a free consultation. You will receive top quality representation for a reasonable fee.
Driving on a Suspended License Facts
The DMV can suspend or revoke your driver’s license for many reasons, including driving under the influence, drug possession, not carrying auto liability insurance, not filing an SR1 traffic collision report after an accident, medical conditions, failure to pay child support, and other reasons.
Driving on a suspended or revoked driver’s license is a misdemeanor criminal charge, and you can be arrested and taken into custody. The punishments for driving on a suspended license can include a fine of up to $1000 and up to six months in jail. If you have previous criminal traffic convictions, the fine and jail time can both be increased. You may be required to install an ignition interlock device on your car, and in some cases, the State of California may take away your car.
However, alternative sentences may be given in certain cases. Because the potential penalties are severe, it is important to obtain a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to obtain the best results under the particular facts and law of your case. Your attorney’s knowledge of defenses, sentencing guidelines, and alternative sentencing options will be vital to obtaining the best outcome under the law and facts of your case.
Attorney Peter M. Liss can help you by:
- 1 Advising you and keeping you updated at all times on your case status
- 2 Arguing for lower bail
- 3 Investigating your case and gathering evidence supporting your defenses.
- 4 Making court motions.
- 5 Evaluating all legal defenses available in your case. Depending on the facts, these can include evidence that you were not driving, or were driving for your employer on the employer’s private property (but not on a parking lot), that your driver’s license was not suspended or revoked or that you did not know it was suspended or revoked when you drove, and other defenses
- 6 Seeking reduction of charges (when available)
- 7 Representing you at trial or in a plea bargain. In most cases for driving on a suspended license, you will not have to come to court
- 8 Presenting the best legal defenses for your case
- 9 Seeking alternative sentencing, or the lowest sentence available. Alternative sentences (available in some cases) can include drug or alcohol rehabilitation programs, community service, and other sentences
More benefits to selecting Attorney Peter M. Liss:
- 10 Available every day, every hour. 24-hour in-person answering
- 11 30 years experience, many driving on a suspended license and other traffic felony and traffic misdemeanor cases handled, track record of success, over 100 criminal trials, University of California – Berkeley trained lawyer
- 12 Attorney Liss personally handles your entire case
- 13 Top quality services at reasonable rates
- 14 Free first consultation
- 15 All major credit cards accepted
- 16 Immediate, courteous response
- 17 Office across from Vista Courthouse and Jail, with free parking
I have personally defended many people charged with driving on a suspended license or revoked license, and other criminal traffic offenses in Vista and San Diego, California. If you or someone in your family has been arrested for driving on a suspended or revoked driver’s license, please call me for a free initial consultation to learn how I can help you. I provide top quality representation for a reasonable fee and accept all major credit cards.
How to Contact Attorney Peter Liss
For skilled IMMEDIATE help with a
Vista or San Diego driving on a suspended license defense, call Vista DUI and Criminal Traffic Lawyer
Peter M. Liss:
Call 24/7 – any time, any day. I can help you.