VISTA CRIMINAL LAWYER:
HIT AND RUN ACCIDENT
If you have an arrest for a hit and run accident (leaving the scene of an accident), I can help you. I am Vista – San Diego criminal defense lawyer Peter M. Liss, and I have tried over 100 criminal jury trials and successfully defended many people with an arrest and charge in Vista and San Diego for criminal traffic offenses, including hit and run driving.
If you need a skilled, experienced Vista or San Diego CA hit and run accident defense lawyer with a track record of success, please call me at (760) 643-4050 for a free consultation. You will receive top quality representation for a reasonable fee.
Hit and Run Accident Offense Facts
If you leave the scene of an accident, even if you did not cause the accident, you may be charged with a misdemeanor or felony if a person or animal was injured or property was damaged. The type of charge depends on the circumstances, on whether a person or animal was seriously injured, and on whether previous similar convictions exist. If you leave the scene of an accident and an injured person dies, you may be charged with vehicular homicide or manslaughter. If you leave the scene of an accident and an injured animal dies, you may be charged with animal abuse.
The punishments for leaving the scene of an injury accident, even if you did not cause the accident, can include large fines and jail or prison time and suspension of your driver’s license. In certain cases, the State of California may also take away your car.
Punishment for leaving the scene of an accident that damages only property can include a fine of up to $1000 and six months in jail, even if you did not cause the accident. In certain cases, the State of California may also take away your car.
For all of these charges, alternative sentences may be given in certain cases. Because the potential penalties are severe, it is important to obtain a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to obtain the best results under the particular facts and law of your case. Your attorney’s knowledge of defenses, sentencing guidelines, and alternative sentencing options will be vital to obtaining the best outcome under the law and facts of your case.
Attorney Peter M. Liss can help you by:
- 1 Advising you and keeping you updated at all times on your case status
- 2 Arguing for lower bail
- 3 Accompanying you to the police or sheriff’s station if they ask you, in person or by letter, to bring your vehicle to the station and tell them what happened at the time of the accident. Your statement can be used against you in court in a later criminal prosecution for fleeing the scene of an accident, and you should first obtain legal counsel from a skilled criminal defense attorney. In some cases your attorney may advise you not to give any statement
- 4 Investigating your case and gathering evidence supporting your defenses
- 5 Making court motions. These can include a motion to suppress the evidence, which if successful can result in your case being dismissed
- 6 Evaluating all legal defenses available in your case. Depending on the facts, these can include mistakes and inaccuracies by the arresting officer, evidence that you were not driving, evidence that you did not know you had been involved in an accident, and other defenses
- 7 Seeking reduction of charges (when available)
- 8 Representing you at trial or in a plea bargain. In most misdemeanor cases, you will not have to come to court
- 9 Presenting the best legal defenses for your case
- 10 Seeking alternative sentencing, or the lowest sentence available. Alternative sentences (available in some cases) can include drug or alcohol rehabilitation programs, community service, and other sentences
More benefits to selecting Attorney Peter M. Liss:
- 11 Available every day, every hour. 24-hour in-person answering
- 12 30 years experience, hit and run and many other traffic felony and traffic misdemeanor cases handled, track record of success, over 100 criminal trials, University of California – Berkeley trained lawyer
- 13 Attorney Liss personally handles your entire case
- 14 Top quality services at reasonable rates
- 15 Free first consultation
- 16 All major credit cards accepted
- 17 Immediate, courteous response
- 18 Office across from Vista Courthouse and Jail, with free parking
I have personally defended many people charged with a hit and run accident, vehicular homicide, vehicular manslaughter, and / or other criminal traffic offenses in Vista and San Diego, California. If you or someone in your family has been arrested for a hit and run accident, please call me for a free initial consultation to learn how I can help you. I provide top quality representation for a reasonable fee and accept all major credit cards.
How to Contact Attorney Peter Liss
For skilled IMMEDIATE help with a
Vista or San Diego hit-and-run or
leaving accident defense,
call Vista DUI and Criminal Traffic Lawyer
Peter M. Liss:
(760) 643-4050 or (858) 486-3024
Call 24/7 – any time, any day. I can help you.